Sunday, February 5, 2017

Research Journal 1

What was the process by which you narrowed down potential topics to two appropriate ones? And how were these decisions made on the basis of either class discussion, or our required, course textbook (Aveyard 2014), or both?

It was fairly easy for me to narrow down my potential topics. Being a very avid skier, I am very interested in climate change issues and their effects, so I knew that I wanted to do something in the environmental health realm. I have done a couple of papers on the effects of overall climate change before, so I wanted to change my topics and expand my horizons. I decided to get very specific, and instead of looking at the effect of emissions on the environment, I looked at the effects of emissions on humans. Naturally, the easiest place to see the effects of air quality is in the lungs, so that is where I looked.

What research question did you choose, and how are I can be sure you're making a reasoned, academic judgement on the basis of chapters 1-3 (Aveyard 2014)?

My research question is, "What are the effects of air pollution on the lungs in areas with high amounts of natural or man made air pollution". I narrowed down the search by using keywords such as High Emissions, Lung Health, and pollution. 

What article (or articles) are you basing this question on, and what type of article is it (research, theory, policy, practice) (citation[s] in APA, please)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment